On December 7th at home, the Knights edged the Leopards, 82-80.
A few notes on this matchup: Last season, Lafayette beat Fairleigh Dickinson 85-74. In the last four years of the series, the Knights are 2-3, with a record of 2-1 at Rothman Center.
Fairleigh Dickinson came out ahead in three-point shooting and assists. Threes were a huge key to winning, as Fairleigh Dickinson shot 64% from three-point range to 38% for Lafayette. Fairleigh Dickinson spread the ball around and put up 19 assists to 14 by Lafayette. A nice surprise for Fairleigh Dickinson was the 64% three-point shooting, crushing its 42% average for the season.
Mustafaa Jones led all scoring for the Knights with 18 points on 66% shooting in 34 minutes, all of it coming from three-point range. Kinu Rochford helped out with 10 rebounds. The Knights are now 4-4 with a lot of basketball yet to be played. They've also won 4 out of their last 5 games.
Up next the Knights face Hartford at home on December 9th.
|A||S. Sanders Jr.||19||8||3||3||2||0||1|
Fairleigh Dickinson Game Notes:
- The last time FDU had a three-point percentage of 64.7% or higher was Jan 11, 2007 against St. Francis (PA).
- The Knights set season highs for assists, blocks, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- The Knights have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 7 games.
- The Knights have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Fairleigh Dickinson has won 20 close games.
- Kinu Rochford accounted for 32.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Seth Hinrichs accounted for 33.7% of the team's points.
- Seth Hinrichs set career highs with 27 points and 9 field goals made.
- Seth Hinrichs has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 4 times in 11 games this season.
- Dan Trist has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- The Leopards have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Lafayette has lost 30 close games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Mustafaa Jones
, Kinu Rochford